Re: Composition rendering time instance

Am Mittwoch, 8. Juli 2009 schrub Danko Dolch:

[...]

>  I've a screenshot for you - showing a layer tree and a node based view
> side by side. The node view is more pleasing to read if you try to
> understand whats going on.
>
>  http://www.dolchonline.net/prj/gimp/combustion_scr01.jpg

I personally love the node editor of blender and would like to see something
like that in GIMP. The only problem with these node setups (like the one in
your screen shot) is that they are only graphs but no trees. And AFAIK GEGL
uses trees of nodes. Thus the cool things like several sources or forward
edges (think of a bumpmap on a layer which uses the same layer as source) are
not possible.

[...]

Tobias