Re: Please restore removed crop tool functionality

Hi,

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Simon Budig wrote:
> The current development branch has the menu entry "Image -> Fit Canvas
> to Selection", which - together with the rectangle select tool - does
> provide exactly this functionality.

This functionality is also in the current 2.6 builds.  This feature didn't
come up in the discussion in December, so this can be used to achieve what
I want.  Thanks a lot for the tip!

However, I'd say that this is quite an unintuitive way of performing
cropping.  If I want to crop an image, my attention goes to the features
offered by the crop tool, not the selection tool.  Therefore I'd still
consider the "non-destructive" crop feature at least a usability
enhancement.  At least personally I would assume that the crop tool of a
professional tool like Gimp would offer this option as well.  (Not sure
whether PS has it.)

Thanks.