Re: CMYK editing (Was: GIMP PDF export plugin)

Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 21:02 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> Yes, processing shall as long as possible be done in RGB, but at some
>> point you need to convert to the CMYK color space and a high-end photo
>> app should support editing also in this color space.
>>

> Why? Because you say so? All high-end photo editing applications are
> pushing for an RGB only work-flow these days. There is no need to do any
> editing in CMYK. If you really want to insist that being able to edit
> CMYK is needed and that developer resources should be spent on it, then
> you should at least give a compelling reason.

I am by no means a photography professional and my point of view comes
mostly from what other people have said regarding CMYK support; I don't
have any direct sources to give.

Could you perhaps clarify/give references to your claim that high-end
photo editing apps are pushing for an RGB only work-flow? If you are
going to print an image, CMYK _will_ play a role in your work-flow.

- Martin