Re: GIMP PDF export plugin

Sven wrote:

>> bummer about the non-standard, but would industrial-strength TIFF
>> in and export not be significantly more in line with our product
>> vision than industrial-strength pdf in and export?
>
> Depends on what gets used nowadays. If professionals are turning away
> from TIFF and start to adopt PDF instead, then PDF support would be
> more
> in line with our product vision.

when I wrote the previous message I already knew that this is the
only counter-argument that I was going to accept.

so now we really need some trend spotting from those in our community
who deal with serious printing jobs.

and when then moving forward with pdf, we should keep in mind
what a GIMP document actually is: a single canvas/image
(please do not mention the animation hacks we have...)

     --ps

             man + machine interface works