Re: New option for the fill tool (feature suggestion/request)

Shin Diggar wrote:
> Sorry, I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know how to do this myself but I'd like to suggest a new feature for the fill tool.
>
> How about an option to use the cursor position as a start point for tiling fill-patterns rather than the top left corner of the layer? Perhaps this could be greyed-out when fill mode is set to colours rather than patterns.
>
> I still want the whole layer/selection filled, but wherever the cursor is when I click it is where the top-left pixel of the filling pattern should be aligned to.
>
> I'd find this useful sometimes, would anyone else?

That sounds like a sane idea to me, but it's a sad to add another tool
option for this. Would be great if you could figure out a way to add
support for this without adding another tool option. You could try
turning to gui.gimp.org for input.

Regards,
Martin Nordholts