Re: 2.6 roadmapping, the UI part of it...

On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Sven Neumann wrote:

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 15:06 -0300, Guillermo Espertino wrote:

Yes, I knew that (both the "utility" setting and the image dialog).

What I meant was to polish those two features and make them work

correctly in every platform (afaik the "utility" setting seems to have

some problems in windows, for instance) so can make them available as

the default behavior.

The problem is though that I consider it impossible to make this work on

all platforms and all window managers. We couldn't even get this to work

on a Linux GNOME desktop where we are dealing with a window manager that

implements the EWMH spec. But please prove me wrong. I would love to

find out that this is possible after all.

I know this is one thing we've been fighting with for quite some time with Inkscape. If someone is willing to look into it on the GIMP side of things, I would very much like to coordinate effort.

We've had bits and pieces of progress over the last release or so, but working together can help fix things sooner.