Re: 2.6 roadmapping, the UI part of it...

Hi;

Great Mockup. I really like the idea.

2007/10/27, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 15:53 -0300, Guillermo Espertino wrote:

In general I like this change. But we absolutely need to discuss how we
want to handle multiple images with this approach. Things are getting
complicated as soon as you have more than one image window. You can try
the "transient-docks" feature (see gimprc). It makes the toolbox and
dock windows transient to the active image window. Unfortunately this
approach has shown to not work well with most window managers. But
perhaps this is something that can be figured out.

Maybe the idea of "TABs" (like in Firefox) is a good solution for this. Grouping all images in Tabs can save you from the problem of many Task Bar buttons and is a "know solution" (for interface) for the most users.

--
Filipe Soares Dilly
dilly.carbonmade.com/