Re: SPAM-LOW: floating selections and other annoyances

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 23:11 +0100, Alastair M. Robinson wrote:
> In 2.4 The user
> can no longer use a selection tool to "tear off" and float a selected
> region, am I right?  If you want to select and move a region you now
> have to manually float with either ctrl-shift-L or do Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V,
> correct?

Not quite. You can still float and move a selection using Crtl-Alt-Drag.
Perhaps we need to make this easier again...

> If floating selections are to be removed, how do you anticipate a user
> selecting a section of an image and moving it?  By creating a proper
> layer from the selection?

I didn't suggest floating selections to be removed. They will be kept,
but they will be kept as what they were supposed to be from the very
beginning: an internal implementation detail that the user doesn't need
to know about.

This change has not yet been laid out in all details, but it looks
promising.

Sven