Re: 2.6 roadmapping, the UI part of it...

   Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:34:54 +1030
   From: "David Gowers" <00ai99@xxxxxxxxx>

   On 10/29/07, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > On 10/29/07, Guillermo Espertino wrote:
   >
   > > I looked at Opera, as it has been suggested here. It has very good
   > > options for managing tabs (manage different views and make tiles or
   > > cascades for multiple views, detach windows from the tabbed environment,
   > > etc.)
   > > I have to agree that it seems pretty convenient for GIMP.
   > > Now, the question is, as gg pointed out, if GTK allows that kind of
   > > solution. I've never seen a GTK app doing that, so I'm afraid it doesn't.
   >
   > http://curlyankles.sourceforge.net/widgets_docking.html

   Wow,  that's very interesting Alexandre.
   GIMP could definitely learn from that -- for example, a quick
   improvement that could be made to DockBooks is, bringing a tab to the
   front as it's moused-over (with some minimum hover time before
   switching to prevent accidents.)

I'd rather not have that kind of "auto-raise", but there's a Firefox
extension named "Tab Scope" that shows previews (pop-up thumbnails) of
a tab when the tab is moused over.  That is very useful.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton