Re: Default values for the Fixed: Size entry

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 20:44 -0500, peter sikking wrote:
> > How about having 100x100 as default when there is no pending
> > rectangle and rectangle width x rectangle height when there is one?
> > This would be the case for both the selection tools and the crop tool.
>
> we cannot base the default of fixed size on the current rect,
> because it operates on the current rect. This would freeze up
> the rect in a positive feedback cycle.

No, there's no positive feedback -- it happens once at the
instant that you choose "fixed" and not again, and since the
values shown would be the ones corresponding to the preview
rectangle, if the "fixed size" actually did anything (right
now it's broken and if you change the numbers nothing happens)
there would still be no feedback loop.

Regards,

Liam