Re: jpeg quality factor.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:31:16 +0200, Raphaël Quinet <raphael@xxxxxxxx> wrote:> Let me also try to keep this (relatively) short.  I'm not good at this. :-)
I could have made it much shorter.  Summary:
1) Our vision focuses on a minority of GIMP users (experienced users, or   those who need high-end features).  And that's a good thing because it   helps us to have a clear direction.  But we must still balance that   with the interests of the majority whenever possible.
2) There are still many simple usage scenarios that are not covered by any   other program (free software), so there is no real choice besides GIMP   for many users.
Wow, I can write something in less than ten lines.  :-)