Re: jpeg quality factor.

Moin,

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 00:03 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> The JPEG plug-in should not use the last-used values when being run
> non-interactively from the "Save" action. It should use the, now
> user-configurable, default values. Of course if the "jpeg-save-options"
> parasite is set on the image that is being saved, then those values
> should be used. As far as I can see now, this means removing a single
> line in jpeg.c. I will have a closer look tomorrow morning.

I found a better solution. The JPEG plug-in will now prompt the user
with a dialog, even if called from the "Save" action, iff the image does
not have the "jpeg-save-options" parasite set. This is basically what
Guillermo suggested earlier. I said it would be difficult to implement
but it turned out that it was quite easy and doesn't require changes to
the file plug-in infrastructure.

The change is in SVN and I think we can settle this issue now. If
someone wants to try to recover some of the JPEG save settings when

Sven