Re: jpeg quality factor.

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:32:29 +0300, Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> wrote:> Sven Neumann writes:>  > If someone wants to try to recover some of the JPEG save settings>  > when loading the JPEG file, feel free.> > I did.
Thanks for this very nice patch!  It would be even better to do the samefor the chroma subsampling method (easy) and for images that do not usethe standard IJG tables (a bit harder, but it can be guesstimated).
This would provide a better default value in the JPEG Save dialog thanthe hardcoded value that we currently have (even if that value can becustomized to some extent).  I also like the fact that it will only usethe estimated value from the file if it is larger than the default.  Itis nice to be able to adjust the parameters in the Save dialog startingfrom a value that is reasonably close to the original settings when thefile was created, instead of always starting from a fixed value.