Re: Crop+Scale (was Save As JPG Integrated)

Aurimas Juška writes:> The idea is based one of bug list's enhancment request which asks to> save image for Internet, ie user wants image to be as small as> possible (for example to send with mail or put to forum) and some> parts could be cropped and picture could be resized until wanted file> size is reached.
I'd love to see this integrated into the crop tool somehow, ratherthan hidden off in a "save for web" plug-in. When I crop to a fixedsize it's usually not for the web -- I more likely want a desktopbackground image, or a slide background, or a print.
Crop's Aspect Ratio got a lot easier to manage in 2.3 as opposed to 2.2.So "crop to a fixed aspect ratio, then rescale" is much easier now --presuming you understand aspect ratio and don't mind typing twocolon- separated numbers.  (Though I haven't figured out the "<->"and "Set" buttons, which have no tooltips and don't seem to doanything, or why you'd want a 1:1 preset button but not presetsfor 4:3 or 4:6 or "Keep image's aspect ratio").
But I can certainly understand why so many users want Crop+Scaleall in one step. It's a very common operation, and it would be ashame to offer it, then cripple it by putting it in a plug-in wherethe crop has to happen in a small preview area.