Re: Polygonal Selection Tool Re: Bug 119646

Paul Gnuyen wrote:

> I don't know what full specifications look like for tools in the gimp
> but here's a shot.
>
> The Polygonal Selection Tool
>
> Selects regions by connecting points clicked with line segments

There is a cost (complexity, usage of UI bandwidth) to every
tool that is added to GIMP.

May I ask why are you trying add a tool that does a small part of
what the path tool does, and then an automatic path-to-selection?

If you can tell me why it is worth the cost, I can help you
to make the specification better.

     --ps

         principal user interaction architect
         man + machine interface works