Re: Polygonal Selection Tool Re: Bug 119646

Bug 119646's priority is marked as high, I thought this was accepted as
desirable.

The polygonal select tool will act as the freehand tool, making quick
additions and subtractions easily done.  The path tool requires more
clicking and does not support the enabling/disabling of feathering or
antialiasing nor the ability to quickly make polygonal shape selections
that are at controlled angles.  People desire this tool as evidenced by
the many dupes of the enhancement request.  This is the way all other
major graphics programs work, so people are used to this tool and are
used to it's workflow.

While one could argue, that the freehand tool, polygonal select, and
intelligent select could be merged into the same tool, polygonal
selection was added to the select shapes from image tool, and was
rejected on the basis that such functionality should not be hidden and
be easier to access.