Re: Tool statusbar error messages

mitch wrote:
I just comitted a change that moves all tool error messages that
can happen when clicking the image to the image window's statusbar,
using the new gimp_statusbar_push_temp() API.

I will have to see how this works in practice. I have some doubts as to whether this is a good idea. For myself I'm not that used to looking at the statusbar for tool related messages. I would be concerned whether important messages might be missed if they are only in the status bar. It would also take longer to read messages in the statusbar when the image windows is not wide enough to display the entire message at once. You would have to wait for the message to scroll through the statusbar in order to read all of it compare to seeing it all at once if was in a pop up dialog box.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: