Re: fact roundup

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 09:59:38PM +0200, Neil Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 10:48:27AM -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> >
> > others have mentioned that this list is a good way to talk to the people
> > who might be able to and interested in sharing a booth with gnome.
> >
> > the process that one must go through to "qualify" is somewhat important,
> > even if i or anyone else doesn't like those answers.
> >
> > i also did not mention any filthy rumors.  i was talking about what a
> > friend told me about when she managed the GNOME booth here.  what
> > possibly could be filthy about that?
> >
> As a gimp user of many years who has watched (put up with and hated) your
> periodic immature bursts of vitriol, I have come up with a few alternative
> explanations for your behavior (and possible work-arounds) -
>
> 1 - you're a paranoid schizoprenic (work-around - please make sure you've
>     been taking your medicine for at least 10 days before you post to the
> 	list, or, better, take Sven's advice and "Please unsubscribe yourself
> 	from all GIMP mailing-lists and leave us alone.")
> 2 - you're a lush (work around - please make sure you've been sober for
> 	at least 10 days before you post to the list, or, better, take Sven's
> 	advice and "Please unsubscribe yourself	from all GIMP mailing-lists
> 	and leave us alone.")
> 3 - You're an unpleasant person with no life who gets pleasure from insulting
> 	and demeaning people who (unlike you) are trying to get things done
> 	(work-around - get a life and take Sven's advice and "Please unsubscribe
> 	yourself from all GIMP mailing-lists and leave us alone.")
>
> Personally, I think it's (3) and I have no idea why you're still permitted
> to post with a "gimp.org" address and to have the "carol.gimp.org" DNS entry.

it is this:

 4 - Not about any person, not personal.

these questions i ask have nothing to do with me personally.

i actually agree with some or all of the three things you did list, but
none of them have anything to do with the questions i am asking.

also, i was asking a question about the one person i know who was asked
to be in attendence at one of these boothe events.  i was asking about a
nice volunteer.  should i read between the lines that the volunteer
process is actually filthy and disgusting or can i get an honest answer?

i am sorry that i don't know or care about you enough to have one of the
three opinions you took the time to make of me.

carol