Re: proposal for better status bar messages (long)

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 12:09 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

> It looks like there is a bug in the SIOX tool/gui that causes it to
> return to the foreground setting unexpectedly, until the Control key
> is first pressed, then it works as expected.

That's not a bug. You cannot mark background unless you first have
marked some foreground area.  When you start, the whole image is
considered background, so there's really no point in marking background
areas.

I suggest that you go to http://www.siox.org/ and read about the tool.
It is somewhat unfortunate that one needs some basic understanding of
the ideas behind SIOX in order to be able to make good use of the tool.
But I don't see how this could be avoided.

Sven