Re: proposal for better status bar messages

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 12:49:22AM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
>
> > it would not stay toggled and it seemed to be blind to the colors no
> > matter what values i gave it.  it only selected what i selected which, i
> > could have used quickmask for and it would have been a lot less toggling
> > and such.
> >
> > is the tool broken or are my expectations all wrong?
>
> Can you provide and/or point out the image you tried it on?

it is the image that makes the tool options toggle?

when i select background, it is wrong for me to expect that background
continue to be selected or it relies on the image to retain the toggle?

that is a really intelligent tool then that will not retain the tool
option toggle depending on the image.

i think that the problem with the tool should not have anything to do
with 1) the image being worked on or 2) who is using the tool.

should i expect that when i toggle the tool options that they stay
toggled?

thank you for responding, btw.  it is an interesting environment where
every user matters except for one.  what kind of environment is this
good for?

carol