[Gimp-developer] cons-array with strings?

I would like to know how to insert a string into a cons-array using Script-Fu.

Specifically how do I get the following to work?

(let (
        (foo (cons-array 1 'string))
     )
    (aset foo 0 "my string"))
)

Clearly "aset" is not the function to use...

I am not trying to get you to figure out things for me but I have been working
on trying to figure this out for about a week, I have tried pages of things
and searched everywhere that I can think of and looked at all of the Gimp
Script-Fu scripts that I can find.  I have even looked through the Tiny-Fu
stuff in case that might offer a clue.  So any help you can give I will
*most* appreciate.

--
The Grape's Dilemma:
Awash in the vat of the universe, I am obsessed with desire to remain a