Re: [Gimp-developer] canvas background options

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:42:42 +0100
> From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] canvas background options
>
> Hi,
>
> Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > 'Useless discussion'.
> >
> > Thanks for the encouragement, with that attitude is it any wonder more
> > people dont try and provide feedback and try and improve the gimp.
>
> Alan, the discussion became useless after the facts had been exchanged
> and several people explained you that the feature is indeed useful.
> That makes further discussions on this topic rather useless.

I am still hoping to get more information on how the feature is actually
use to try to better solve the problem rather than dwell on the
implementation any further.

I was unable to get to use the gimp 2.1 series until recently.  I cannot
provide feedback only when it suits your timetable.  When I pointed out
problems with 2.0 you gave out to me for not mentioning them during the
1.3 cycle so I am making my points before 2.2 is released.

> Especially during times of string and UI freeze.

All that means it that no changes will be made until after that freeze,
not that changes shouldn't be suggested.

(I really hope Gfig will be rolled back as the developer working on it has
previously suggested, it is definately not ready for 2.2)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/
Inkscape, Draw Freely http://inkscape.org