Re: PDB named and default parameters (was Re: [Gimp-developer] TheMark Shuttleworth offer)

From: "Christopher W. Curtis" <ccurtis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 12:06 AM

> On 03/22/04 00:45, Kevin Myers wrote:
> >> Perhaps I'm being extremely dense, but couldn't there be an interface:
> >> gimp -cmdfile <filename>
> >
> > I think that the existing --batch option is equivalent
>
> Ah, hmm.  For some reason I had gathered that this option took the
> script on the commandline, which is where the metacharacter problem lie.
> I'll go back to my hovel and keep quiet, obviously never have used it.

Then again, maybe I am the one who is missing something (again?).  Since
the --batch option hasn't previously worked under Windows, I haven't yet had
the opportunity to try it (successfully) either.  Guess I'll just have to
install 2.0, and find out...

FWIW, it has been difficult for me to work up to this change so far, because
other than the command line arguments issue, 1.2.4 has been generally
working well for us, and my copy has some initial display scale
customizations that I implemented and am somewhat loathe to give up.
However, I know that Sven and company implemented some kind of alternate
initial scaling that was intended to address essentially the same issues
that I was trying to solve, so hopefully that will be adequate for our
needs.

s/KAM