Re: PDB named and default parameters (was Re: [Gimp-developer] TheMark Shuttleworth offer)

On 03/21/04 15:01, dov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

One of the ideas that I believe Sven raised on irc, was that there
should be a minimal and trivial interface to the PDB that is not
based on any particular language but just consists of:

gimp_foo -bar 3 -baz yellow

Perhaps I'm being extremely dense, but couldn't there be an interface:

gimp -cmdfile <filename>

Surely notepad can handle funny characters and the name of the file is completely up to you so you can make it as shell-friendly as you'd like. GIMP could have some extra code to handle "text mode" files, but that's about all that would be needed ...

Chris

--
He who despairs over an event is a coward,
but he who holds hopes for the human condition is a fool.