Re: PDB named and default parameters (was Re: [Gimp-developer] TheMark Shuttleworth offer)

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 12:56:32PM -0800, Manish Singh wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:01:26PM +0200, dov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > One of the ideas that I believe Sven raised on irc, was that there
> > should be a minimal and trivial interface to the PDB that is not
> > based on any particular language but just consists of:
> >
> >      gimp_foo -bar 3 -baz yellow
>
> Well, we ship a scheme engine already, so writing and including yet
> another syntax parser seems kind of silly.

I actually forgot one advantage. A meta-character void syntax has
the advantage of being friendly for command line interactive use. After
all, who many people do you know who are using either perl or scheme
for their default shell. ;-)

Dov