Re: [Gimp-developer] Handling of transparent pixels

Actually, this will be quite possible with the "custom layer mode" I
was cooking a couple months ago, and which I plan do revive to Gimp
2.2 ..
As an effect that applyes to the layer itself,like the "dissolve"
layer mode, instead of on combinations, it is doable there.

One will just have to write the effect (if he's writiing from scracth,
here will be a handfull of pre-made custom layer modes)
ST=0; VT=V1; LT=L1 ,
 to mean that targets HSV are set to zero, self, and self,
respectively.

The RGBA values per pixel are kept unchanged by the Custom Layer Mode.

-