Re: [Gimp-developer] What makes the GIMP toolbox special?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 07:25:01PM +0100, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> I am questioning this because I think that the fact that the toolbox
> is "special" is an artificial limitation that should go away in a
> future release in order to make the user interface more consistent and
> easier to use.

Artificial limitations give the application some shape. A place that a user
can stand and from which they can survey the rest of the application.
Otherwise why doesn't the context menu in your text editor have an option
to download QuickTime movies over UUCP and play them in the toolbar?

Nick.