[Gimp-developer] Default values for window management settings

Hi,

as discussed in bug #115092, we have recently added some gimprc
settings that allow to tune how GIMP interacts with the window
manager.

Here's what the gimprc manpage says about the new settings:

 (toolbox‐window‐type normal)

  The window type hint that is set on the toolbox. This may affect
  how  your  window manager decorates and handles the toolbox
  window.  Possible values are normal and utility.

 (dock‐window‐type utility)

  The window type hint that is  set  on  dock  windows.  This  may
  affect  the  way  your window manager decorates and handles dock
  windows.  Possible values are normal and utility.

 (activate‐on‐focus no)

  When  enabled,  an  image  will become the active image when its
  image window receives the focus. This is useful for window
  managers using "click to focus". Possible values are yes and no.

The question I'd like to bring up is what should be the default values
for these. After quite some discussions I now propose the following:

 (toolbox‐window‐type normal)
 (dock‐window‐type normal)
 (activate‐on‐focus yes)

This means that we wouldn't set the utility window type hint any
longer (at least not by default). It was causing a lot of confusion
and whoever liked the special treatment that some window managers give
these windows can easily change this in the preferences dialog.

Switching to activate-on-focus as the default setting seems to make
sense given that most desktops seem to be using "click-to-focus" by
default these days. We used to set this to yes for Win32 only but I'd
like to avoid different default settings if possible.

So, if you have a strong opinion against this change, please speak up
now.

Sven