Re: [Gimp-developer] What makes the GIMP toolbox special?

Hi,

RaphaÃl Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Following the discussion in bug #115092 and according to Sven's
> suggestion, I am moving a part of the discussion here: what is
> special about the GIMP toolbox, from a user's point of view?  What
> makes it different from the other docks?

The toolbox is the first window that opens and the last that closes.
It is even raised when the last image window is closed. It is treated
special when you hit Tab. All this makes it the leader window of the
GIMP application. It is a very special window and IMO there's no
reason for this to change.

> As I wrote in bug #115092, I don't think that any user would be
> surprised if we allowed the menu and the tool buttons to be dragged
> from the toolbox to any other dock.  In fact, it would be nice to add
> this feature to a future release.

You can already add a tools list/grid to whatever dock you like.

Sven