Re: [Gimp-developer] Spam bad! OOOPS!

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 02:22:20 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 02:35:57 -0400
> Patrick McFarland <unknown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 24-Oct-2003, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > > Nuclear weapons good!
> >
> > Am I the only one getting spam via the mailing list?
> >
> > --
> > Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || unknown@xxxxxxxxx
> > "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
> > kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic
> > pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian
> > Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
>
> Hello, Patrick :)
>
> I do think that Sven and Branko might
> like to know that the messages I've received have the EXACT address
> that you use to send messages to the list.  Any questions, let me
> know, and I'll be glad to send you copies of the headers :)
>
> Have a Great Day :)
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Everyone :)
I made a major typographical error in the above quoted message.
The word "you" in the following sentence:
   I do think that Sven and Branko might like to know that the messages
I've received have the EXACT address that "you" use to send messages to
the list.

should actually have been "they".  The way I typed it made it sound like
I was saying that Patrick was using Sven and Branko's e-mail addresses
to spam the list.  This was not my intention, and I want to publicly
apologize to Patrick.  I truly regret any embaressment or confusion that
I may have caused.

My intention was to say that someone, (NOT Sven or Branko.  Probably an
Outlook based virus) was using the exact e-mail addresses that Sven and
Branko use to send messages to the list.