Re: [Gimp-developer] Spam bad!

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 02:35:57 -0400
Patrick McFarland <unknown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 24-Oct-2003, Patrick McFarland wrote:
> > Nuclear weapons good!
>
> Am I the only one getting spam via the mailing list?
>
> --
> Patrick "Diablo-D3" McFarland || unknown@xxxxxxxxx
> "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
> kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic
> pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian
> Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Hello, Patrick :)
My answer to your question would be, you are not alone.  I've gotten
about 12-15 messages and ALL of them claim to be from Sven or Branko
Collin.  I have no doubt in my mind that none of the messages I've
received are from the people that they claim to be from.  In fact, based
on the subject lines of each message, and the fact that every one makes
this claim "Please see the attached file for details.", I assume that
they were someone's attempts at sending a virus, and the Gimp lists mail
server or list management software just did it's job, and stripped the
attatchements.  I do think that Sven and Branko might like to know that
the messages I've received have the EXACT address that you use to send
messages to the list.  Any questions, let me know, and I'll be glad to
send you copies of the headers :)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick