Re: mailing list problems (was: Re: [Gimp-developer] web site move)

On 06 Oct 2003 18:44:08 +0200, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Raphaël Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > P.S.: Dave, you mentioned that you had problems subscribing to the
> >       gimp-web list.  I remember having had some problems as well, but
> >       I eventually found a way to make it work.  [...]
>
> Problems subscribing to the gimp-user list were also reported today on
> the cinepaint-developers list. Someone should look into this since we
> really need these lists working. If you or someone else remembers how
> to work around the problem, please let us know.

Well, it looks like the mailing lists are completely broken now.  When
I tried last month, it was still possible to get around the mailman
bug that was triggered during the confirmation step.  But now the
crash occurs during the first step of the subscription, so there is no
way to avoid it.  I just tried to subscribe a new address to the
gimp-web and gimp-developer mailing lists and I immediately got the
following error message:

----------
  Bug in Mailman version 2.1b4

  We're sorry, we hit a bug!

  If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a
  copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description
  of what happened. Thanks!

  Traceback:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lists/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
      main()
    File "/usr/lists/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 94, in main
      process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata, language)
    File "/usr/lists/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 176, in process_form
      mlist.AddMember(userdesc, remote)
    File "/usr/lists/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 807, in AddMember
      cookie = Pending.new(Pending.SUBSCRIPTION, userdesc)
    File "/usr/lists/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 64, in new
      db = _load()
    File "/usr/lists/mailman/Mailman/Pending.py", line 121, in _load
      return cPickle.load(fp)
  TypeError: dict objects are unhashable