Re: [Gimp-developer] web site move

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:43:28 +0200, "Branko Collin" <collin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2003, at 13:46, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > David Neary <dneary@xxxxxxx> writes:
> > > [...] There is no reason why
> > > mmmaybe shouldn't have become www a couple of weeks ago.
> >
> > If you would have read gimp-web list (where this topic should actually
> > be discussed), you would know that there were good reasons for not
> > doing the move immidiately.
>
> I do read the gimp-web list, and I have no idea what you are talking
> about. The last blocker was resolved last Monday or the Monday
> before, IIRC.

I suppose that Sven was refering to the comments made on the Thursday
the 18th in bug #121299.  Some of these comments and the related
issues were relayed to the gimp-web list by scizzo in the thread with
the subject "Moving of site proposal".  Moving the web site on the
18th was not a good idea because there were still too many broken
pages that could not be fixed immediately, so instead it was proposed
to move it on Sunday 21th.  This did not happen (Yosh said on the
following Monday that he had been too busy) and a few additional
improvements were done in the meantime, so the site was "officially"
declared ready with the message "Status of the new web site" that I
posted on Tuesday the 23rd.

> > I believe that most or evenall of these
> > points have been addressed in the meantime but we should leave it up
> > to the web team to decide when they want to move the site.
>
> Could you please tell us which part of the web team has to say the
> word?

I don't think that there are any official rules for that (and I doubt
that there should be any).  However, if there is a consensus among the
active members of the web team and/or if the web coordinator (yours
truly) says that it is OK, then we can say that the decision has been
taken.  Both of them happened two weeks ago.  So the "official"
decision is that the web site should move as soon as possible.

There is no need to wait for any additional decisions.  As far as I
know, the last blocker is that Yosh should find some spare time for
moving the site and all user accounts from the old machine to the new
one.  There are still some things that should be done with the new web
site, such as updating the news on the home page or adding links to
some files from the gimp and gimp-1-2 CVS modules (INSTALL, Wilber
construction kit and others) but this will be much easier to do once
the user accounts are moved so that I can set up the corresponding
links and scripts on the new box.

-Raphaël