Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Setting Up Wilber

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:49:44 +0200, "Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:24:51PM +0200, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> > I hope that the number of Netscape 4 users has decreased since then, but
> > it is likely that there are still more than a couple of them visiting
> > www.gimp.org.  I had a quick look at the logs without making a full
> > analyzis and I only saw 15 unique IP addresses using Netscape 4 yesterday
> > (excluding my own requests when I took the screenshots).  But this seems
> > to vary very much from day to day.
>
> Then, is it really worth it to keep kludging backwards compatibility for a
> five year old, not-at-all standards compliant, fading browser? Given that it
> can even be made to work with CSS turned off? :-)

Doh! <slaps forehead>  I'm really stupid!  I said that I had a "quick
look" at the logs and I found only 15 unique IP addresses.  But I was
wrong.  I missed 211 of them, bringing the total to 226.  That makes a
difference...  Yesterday, I ran grep on the access log, then a grep -v
for the strings containing "MSIE", "compatible" and other stuff in
order to exclude the browsers (and some robots) claiming to be NS4 but
that were not really NS4.  Unfortunately, I made a big, stupid
mistake: instead of doing a grep for "Mozilla/4", I did a grep for
"Mozilla/4.0".  In other words, I only counted the requests using
version 4.0, but not any other 4.x version.  Oops!  That's what I get
for doing something quickly before going home without thinking too
much about it.  :-(

I just re-counted now: the current access log for the last 18 hours
contains 140 unique IP addresses using NS4.x (not 4.0, doh!).  For the
day before, 226.  For Monday, 152.

To get an overview of the last week (excluding yesterday, which may be
biased), I merged the logs from the 10th to the 16th of June and found
1084 unique IP addresses using NS4.x.

-Raphaël