Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Setting Up Wilber

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:40:10 -0400, Carol Spears <cspears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> one thing that i didn't mean was to ruffle any feathers.  sorry.  i am
> going to go crazy if the newish site doesn't get moved.  There is a
> whole bunch of disc space (right now) and if we wait and plan and work
> through what will be done with it, it will never get done.

I understand and I would also like to replace the old site by the new
one.  But I have some concerns about what will happen to the useful
information that is still available on the old site and has not been
included into the new one.  Also, the compatibility with Netscape 4.x is
a big showstopper from my point of view: there is still a significant
number of people visiting www.gimp.org who are using NS4 and who may not
be able to switch to another browser (this last point is quite important
IMHO).  It would be acceptable for the new site to look bad in NS4, as
long as the users could see most of the information and follow the links.
But currently, the new site is not usable with NS4.  I will post some
screenshots showing the problems.

Anyway, I think that it is better to discuss this on the gimp-web list,
so I will post a more detailled reply to your message on that list.

-Raphaël