[Gimp-developer] Re Re: Setting Up Wilber

On 2003-06-17 at 1448.17 +0200, Rapha?l Quinet typed this:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:40:10 -0400, Carol Spears <cspears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> > one thing that i didn't mean was to ruffle any feathers.  sorry.  i am
> > going to go crazy if the newish site doesn't get moved.  There is a
> > whole bunch of disc space (right now) and if we wait and plan and work
> > through what will be done with it, it will never get done.
>
> I understand and I would also like to replace the old site by the new
> one.  But I have some concerns about what will happen to the useful
> information that is still available on the old site and has not been
> included into the new one.  Also, the compatibility with Netscape 4.x is
> a big showstopper from my point of view: there is still a significant
> number of people visiting www.gimp.org who are using NS4 and who may not
> be able to switch to another browser (this last point is quite important
> IMHO).  It would be acceptable for the new site to look bad in NS4, as
> long as the users could see most of the information and follow the links.
> But currently, the new site is not usable with NS4.  I will post some
> screenshots showing the problems.
>
> Anyway, I think that it is better to discuss this on the gimp-web list,
> so I will post a more detailled reply to your message on that list.

well, this seems like anarchy to me.  perhaps i should just stop mucking
around with it and see what happens to it.

mutiny on the bounty?

Rapha?l, you can call it volunteering or mutiny.  i will only accept one
of the these two descriptions of this totally audacious email you are
sending lately.

do i need to see about giving you permission to commit to the gnomecvs
server so this mutiny can be more than just talk?

carol

--
Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.
                -Mt.