[Gimp-developer] Re: Setting Up Wilber

Hi Rapha\353l,

On 2003-06-16 at 0907.46 +0200, Rapha?l Quinet typed this:
> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:33:21 -0400, Carol Spears <carol@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Wilber is the name of the computer housed at berkeley.
> >
> > Looks like we will be planning what will become of Wilber tomorrow.
> >
> > I apologize as this is short notice for something that is long overdue,
> > but there you go.
>
> What does that mean?  There was no discussion and no announcement about
> that.  Before anything is done, can we have a bit more information (and
> discussion, if possible) about what is going to happen?

one thing that i didn't mean was to ruffle any feathers.  sorry.  i am
going to go crazy if the newish site doesn't get moved.  There is a
whole bunch of disc space (right now) and if we wait and plan and work
through what will be done with it, it will never get done.

i asked for ideas and such.  at least i tried.  for instance, maybe
someone would like wilber to mirror gentoo.  i don't really know.  also,
i know so little of the possibilities.

three things that i am very very interested in is moving the site, the
wiki and i would really like to have a gimp organization blog working.
i am trying to write a plug-in for gimp that will produce the pages for
it.

when a good plan gets sent about, you miss better ways maybe.

this is the time to mention anything you ever wished for from wilber, i
guess.  then some discussion about your wishes can happen.

there are a few sites that need a contributor.gimp.org, imo.  there are
probably some i have missed.

no one really gave me very much to go on, i am passing along everything
i got for this.

> > Sorry about the weekend notice also, probably i followed the WrongMethod
> > like they did to notify poor Arthur Dent of his homes demise in the
> > first of the hitchiker books.
>
> Yes, sending an unexpected announcement during the week-end is probably
> not the best way to communicate with those who are usually not on the
> 'net at that time.

well, as typical, we just got things started.  it was very difficult to
keep me on task.  i did some nominal cleaning to mmmaybe.  the gimp-help
from gimp-1.2 needs to be put into
http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/docs/gimp-docs/  and the developer doc need to
be put here: http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/docs/dev-docs/.  truthfully, by the
time i got them to build, i forgot what i was doing.  i might have
offended some along the way also.  one person cannot remember
everything.

but this is gimp stuff, there is plenty of time, but the sooner the
better.

> > Please send your ideas or needs to this list or any other.
>
> But what is planned exactly?  It is difficult to send any ideas or needs
> if there is no information about what is going to happen, why and when...
>
> > Lets call this 24 hour notice.
>
> This is definitely too short, especially since there was no early warning
> nor discussion on any of the mailing lists (AFAIK).

okay, how about 2 weeks notice then.

or i can start with a plan on how we plan to divide up wilber ....

carol