Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: there is hope for gimp-perl-1.3

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:54:09PM +0200, " Marc A. Lehmann " <pcg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Great, I did it, too :() Ok, if you got gtk+ working, please send me what
> you did ;)

OK, making it "run" (at night) with Gtk2 also wasn't difficult, but
tooltips and lots of other things don't work yet (e.g. all the custom
widgets).

However, gimp starts now without segfaults on the gtk2 scripts, so it
should be possible to install gimp-perl on gimp-1.3 now without major
problems when not using it.

Now, porting all the scripts is probably easy, but also quite some work
(checking all scripts alone is some work to do).

I have some beginner questions, too (yes, you can flame me for not rtfm
;).

- why does the error/warning dialog ignore delete messages from the
  window manager? (I seem to have to click "OK" to get rid of them).
- how do I set menu shortcuts, as in gimp-1.2?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|