[Gimp-developer] Re: Debugging?

On 2003-06-15 at 2031.16 -0700, Jeff Trefftzs typed this:

> Debugging:  you might try firing up the script-fu console in the GIMP
> and testing code snippets there.  I've found this to work fairly well.
> My main problem is getting my head back into lisp space ...

Eeek!

Jeff, just say no!

all three versions of gimp i have used, 1.0 1.2 and 1.3 have a nifty
python plug-in complete with browser and console as well.

today i read two plug-ins for red-eye removal.  the script-fu just
looked like gibberish:
http://cs.uhh.hawaii.edu/~jeschke/photography/articles/gimp/RedEye2/red-eye.scm

this one. this was the saddest thing i ever read.  i never want to read
something this sad again.  please.  it is not the authors fault.  it is
not the fault of the person who ported gimp to it.  nor the gtk guy that
did it.  not the original authors of this scripting language either. i
don't know why it is so sad.  you have to stop making me try to read this.
mercy!
http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/fmg-members/geoff/digicam/redeye

i would like to read it written in python.  it is direct and the modular
part is starting to make sense to me.  it makes me angry (okay
frustrated) not sad.  that is better.  please someone write this in
python quick so we can compare before i forget!

carol

--
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.