Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Re: dependable contributions lists

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:55:00 -0500, Carol Spears <cspears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2002-12-05 at 1759.57 +0100, Rapha?l Quinet typed this:
> > On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:20:28 -0500, Carol Spears <cspears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > i am worried that if you make it too hard of a job, you will scare away
> > > anyone that might like to help.
> >
> > Well, I think that both Sven and I agree on the fact that we should not
> > try to build the list of GIMP contributors automatically.  Updating it
> > by hand is the best solution for the moment, because any automated
> > solution would be far too complex or unfair (having an unfair list is
> > probably worse than having no list or an outdated list).
> >
> i would like a web page that shows the last 10 people who contributed
> are mentioned in the ChangeLog.  i don't know of asking any opinions.
> is there something there in the list of the last 10 which should not be
> shared?

It looks like there was a misunderstanding about what you were trying to
do. The discussion started around an attempt to get an updated version
of the list of GIMP contributors.  When you posted your questions and
proposal, I thought that you intended to update the AUTHORS file
automatically, because it was not obvious that you were talking about
something different.

Sorry for not understanding you correctly.  But next time, please
explain clearly what your goals are.  ;-)

> i am not going to change this by hand everyday.

Yes, this makes sense now that the context is clear.

Best regards,
-Raphaël