Re: [Gimp-developer] Re: Film Gimp and GIMP

On 02 Dec 2002 19:37:00 +0100, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Robin Rowe" <rower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Your GIMP team list at http://www.gimp.org/the_gimp_org_about.html
> > includes Mattis and Kimball. Have they done anything with GIMP since
> > 1997?
>
> no, they haven't but of course they are still in the list of
> developers. The list on the web is not uptodate however.

>From the list on www.gimp.org, the only developers who are still active
are Sven Neumann (neo in CVS logs), Michael Natterer (mitch) and Manish
Singh (yosh).  The other people listed there haven't contributed much in
the last months.

I don't know if this list should be updated or not.  Maybe when the new
site design is ready?  I don't think that we should remove the past
contributors anyway.  Maybe the list should include the new contributors
and maybe it should be sorted in a different order (importance of latest
contributions?  but who would estimate that?).

> > Who is actively working on GIMP?
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gimp/ChangeLog

Another way to see this is to have a look at the CVS checkins in the
last week (about 168 hours).  This link will give you the full list
including the number of lines of code added or changed by each
contributor.  But do not call this too frequently, because this query
puts some strain on the server:
  http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?dir=gimp&date=hours&hours=168

In summary, the most active developers are Mitch and Sven who get the
lion's share, followed by Yosh, Maurits Rijk, Dave Neary and some others
who contribute from a few dozens to a few hunded lines of code or
documentation per week.  There are also some contributions through
Bugzilla, but this is harder to evaluate.

-Raphaël