Re: [Gimp-developer] Yes, you can help even if you can't code.

Hi,

Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Note that gtkhtml2 is suffering from a lack of maintenance at the
> moment. The only major project that is currently using it is Mikael
> Hallendal's Yelp (help browser for GNOME 2). However, Mikael has just
> recently posted some mail to gnome-doc-list and desktop-devel saying
> that he is thinking of not using it.
>
> GtkHtml(1) is currently being ported to GNOME 2. The main differences
> are that GtkHtml has editing, but is not accessible and does not support
> CSS or DOMs, while GtkHtml2 is not editable but is accessible with CSS
> and DOM support.
>
> It's unclear whether anybody will come out of the woodwork and say they
> will maintain GtkHtml2, so you might want to wait a week or so before
> making a decision in this regard.

Personally I like the GtkHtml2 approach much better than GtkHtml1
which is IMHO pure bloat. I think GtkHtml2 can be considered useable
and thus shouldn't need too much maintainance. We are using it in the
company for quite some time now and I have never had problems to get
patches in. Are you saying that codefactory is not supporting the
development any longer?

Salut, Sven