Re: [Gimp-developer] Yes, you can help even if you can't code.

Hi,

Ayose <zubzet@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> > we will most likely need at least one XLST that extracts a much
> > simpler format to be used in the About dialog.
>
> How "simpler"? Something like
>
>      name, author (email), comments

all we need are simple list of names. Or do we want email addresses in
the about dialog and the AUTHORS file? I think not. The transformation
wouldn't be a real XSLT since what we need as output format is not
actually XML. I'd like to generate the plain-text file AUTHORS as well
as the header file app/gui/authors.h from the XML file.

Commenting on your proposal, I'd say that it probably makes sense to
organize the XML file by persons because we need more than only
plug-ins. We also want to list core developers, tool authors, help
writers, web masters, screen designers, just everyone who contributed
to The GIMP.

Salut, Sven