Re: [Gimp-developer] Yes, you can help even if you can't code.

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 03:48:20PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ayose <zubzet@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > <plugin>
> >  <name>AlienMap</name>
> >  <author>
> >    <name>Daniel Cotting</name>
> >    <email>cotting@xxxxxxxxxx</email>
> >    <homepage>http://www.mygale.org/~cotting</homepage>
> >  </author>
> >  <maintainer>
> >   <!-- There is no a maintainer, but the structure will be the same that
> >   author -->
> >  </maintainer>
> >  <files amount="1">
> >    <size scale="kB">74.0</size>
> >    <comment>only C files counted</comment>
> >  </files>
> >  <comment><!-- blank --></comment>
> > </plugin>
>
> would it make sense to organize the file by persons instead of
> plug-ins? I have no strong feelings either way but I think it should
> be considered at least.

By persons? No... With that format the plugins are described inside
<plugin>, and every plugin is led by <name>, so the file is organized
by plug-ins. Where are you seeing that the organize is by persons?

My english is not very good, so if I didn't explain it correctly,
please, notice me :)

> > If you need help with a XSLT I will help you pleased :-)
>
> we will most likely need at least one XLST that extracts a much
> simpler format to be used in the About dialog.

How "simpler"? Something like

     name, author (email), comments

--
Ayose Cazorla León