Re: [Gimp-developer] GUI comment from an NT user

Hi,

Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Can GIMP be started with all the windows grouped the way I want?
> [... lots of complains deleted]

Your problem is basically that your window manager sucks. If working
on Unix using a decent window manager, you can use a separate virtual
desktop for Gimp, your taskbar is able to group gimp windows, gimp
will remember the positions of the dialogs and reopens them where you
left and so on ...

I suggest someone sits down and writes a decent window manager for
Win32 since we do not want to duplicate the WM functionality in the
Gimp application.

To make you happy a little, I want to let you know that the current
CVS version of Gimp adds the possibility to keep most dialogs in a
dock and it does this much better than that product from Adobe that
we are often compared too.

Salut, Sven