Re: [Gimp-developer] adding a tool

Jonas Geduldig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in adding a tool for detecting and
> cutting out contour regions.  Is this feasible?
> Has this already been done?  Is there a doc
> explaining how to contribute to Gimp development?
>
> Thanks, Jonas

Hi,

The best place to start would be to look at some of the other selection
tools (the magic wand might be useful - app/tools/gimpfuzzyselect.[ch]
on the 1.3 branch, app/fuzzyselect.[ch] on 1.2) to see what the
interface is like. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by contour
regions, though...

The doc explaining how to contribute is called HACKING, and the easiest
way to start is probably to have a look in bugzilla and find a couple of
bugs you think you can fix. If/when you finish the tool, and it's
considered useful, it'll get added to 1.3 CVS (1.2 is, afaik, a bug-fix
branch only, and the interface changed considerably for the tools from
1.2 to 1.3).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary,               E-Mail dave.neary@xxxxxxxxxx
Palamon Technologies Ltd.  Phone +353-1-634-5059