Re: tiled view

>1. Draw first attempt at tile
>2. Image->Transforms->Offset
>2a. Hit Offset by x/2 y/2 etc.
>3. Fiddle with any edges revealed by this

It is frequently useful to see how the tile looks when tiled many
times, to reveal any disturbing salient patterns. The above procedure
can only help with the local edge transition but doesn't give you any
overview

>Adding a special mode to Gimp seems like overkill to me, but hey - it's
>a popular request and all patches will be considered.

I think it might actually be a good idea, but the design has to be thought
out carefully