Re: Request for new, high-quality, brushes (and maybe patterns too)

   Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 16:08:54 +0200
   From: Sven Neumann <neumanns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   > Alternatively, why not put all of the Gimp on Sourceforge rather than
   > trying to duplicate their effort?

   OK, probably I haven't enough experience with sourceforge. But could
   someone please explain me what effort you are talking about that would
   make it worse to use their service? Of course, provided the fact that
   you have a running web-service and DNS.

Well, in response to Marc's comment about deficiencies with gimp.org,
you suggested upgrading gimp.org to cope.  I think that that's wasted
effort that could better go into the software itself.

   Sourceforge is surely a great thing if you have a project and need a
   place on the web. But in our case we have a project and we have a
   place on the web. All we have to do is to find skilled volunteers,
   settle on a direction and do it.

It's not just a place on the web; it's also hosting for the actual
development effort, bug tracking, mailing lists, discussion forums, a
build farm, and more goodies.