Re: Request for new, high-quality, brushes (and maybe patterns too)

   Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 11:12:35 +0200
   From: Sven Neumann <neumanns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

   > So this might be a false alarm. I really don't think it looks as
   > bad. Especially if you consider that such a thing as asked for since about
   > a year, and we _still_ douldn't have even something remotely similar if
   > there weren't that sourceforge project.

   Huh? I'm sure that if a group of people volunteers to create something
   useful and gimp-related and ask for access to the server, they will be
   given that possibility. That's my whole point: Why do you put the effort
   into sourceforge instead of putting it into www.gimp.org where other
   parts of the website might benefit from it too?

Alternatively, why not put all of the Gimp on Sourceforge rather than
trying to duplicate their effort?  That doesn't prevent www.gimp.org
from existing; you may even be able to DNS alias the appropriate
*.gimp.org site to Sourceforge, although I'm not positive about that.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net