Gimp-Perl and Server Question

All,

I'm new to the Gimp-Perl realm. I have set up a Gimp-Perl server running
on our Web server box so that I can throw Perl creation programs at The
Gimp. All my Perl programs are designed to create a file with the
results of the operation. I then pump this file back to the client's
browser with their finished product (e.g., a button with text on it).

During the testing of my programs I noticed that the Layers & Channels
palette had every image created still listed in the Image: pull-down
list. This got me to thinking, is this information being kept around
even though the image is long gone? If so, does that mean the Gimp-Perl
server's memory usage would grow in size?

After a little testing, using my button creator, I did notice that The
Gimp's memory usage did increase after each execution. I found during
testing that if I temporarily displayed the new image and then deleted
it that the Layers & Channels Image list did not retain the image
created. However, this did not stop the memory grabbing.

Any ideas or explanations would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Greg Walters
Webmaster
Harrison School Distrct